Had somebody shove a wireframe through my arteries and pop it open right up next to my heart.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No and no. We don't do resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Sort of close ~ I know the grandparents, but haven't met the parents yet. Christopher was born almost nine months ago.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Chico, early in the year, and Uncle Ed, late in the year.
5. What countries did you visit?
I looked at some pictures of New Zealand, Austria, and a few other places. Does that count?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A little more work, enough to keep us busy year round.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April into May. Month of heart attacks (or nearly so), ER visit, stent installation.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not dying. That's always a good thing to try to achieve.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting the old house on the market in February. Or March. Or April. Or December.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Slight case of near death, as noted above.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Some Dunkin' Donuts coffee for Stacy. It made her smile.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My own, CEOs, politicians, bankers.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I had money?
15. What were you really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I don't know. I don't think I associate a song with the year, even the one I wrote... I may remember how and when I wrote it and when I first played it, but that will remind me of the Winter Solstice 2011, not the year itself.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? happier
b) Bigger or smaller? bigger
c) Richer or poorer? richer and poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Work. Keeping busier would have been better.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Almost dying. Not so much fun.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With family. Playing games. First Christmas without my kids being there, but that's one thing that will happen every other year.
21. What was your favourite month of 2011?
Anything except April.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Yep. Every day, since late 2010, 2011 inclusive.
23. What was your favourite TV programme?
24. How will you ring in the New Year?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I only finished one, it was one of Rachel's piratey novel things, so it wasn't great literature, but outside of a short story or two, it was the only thing I read in 2011.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Arch/Matheos, if that counts. Riot Axe. Mert. Reconnecting with Artie and Marshall.
28. What did you want and get?
A million dollars and world peace. Oh wait.
Smooches. I did have whirled peas once, although that's heaps less impressive than world peace or smooches.
29. What did you want and not get?
A million dollars and world peace.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
DVD was down and out. Didn't see a single movie, I don't think, especially not a new just-released one.
31. What did you do on your birthday?
Lay on a rock and watched the clouds roll by.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having a month long near-heart-attack.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Thrift store chic. Personal fashion concept? Are you serious? =P
34. What kept you sane?
Not being sane to begin with helped heaps. There was nothing left to keep.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The Fancy Brigades. They're on the Mummers Parade right now. Wait, that's this year, not the last year. I don't think I fancied anyone in particular. Well, Stacy. She's world famous to me. =)
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I tend not to comment on politics, except to say: poly- (many) -tics (blood sucking insects)
37. Whom did you miss?
I don't know, I didn't really aim at anyone. And if I did, I didn't miss.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn't meet anyone who was brand new, most of the people I met this past year had been around for awhile, some for more years than me, others for less.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
If Stacy says go to the ER, go to the ER.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Cry me a river that flows through fields of dreams
Through the wings of the nightingale
And twilight memories
An angel's gentle kiss of lifeless breath within your mind
So beautiful the symphony, disjointed and sublime"